Winter is fast approaching and this nourishing egg dish is quick, easy, affordable and warm!
Thanks to my friend Helen Gibbs from Helen Melon for providing this recipe.
Time: 40 minutes
Dash of olive oil
1 red onion finely sliced
1 garlic clove chopped
2 tins chopped tomatoes
pinch of salt
pinch of ground pepper
4 – 6 eggs
grated mature cheddar cheese
– heat oil and add all the tomato sauce ingredients
– bring to a fast boil and reduce heat to simmer, stirring regularly until thickened
– preheat grill of oven
– place tomato sauce into baking dish
– pour in the tomato sauce
– crack eggs into tomato sauce
– sprinkle with cheese
– bake for +/- 10 minutes to until the cheese is bubbling and the eggs have set
Serve on a bed of fresh wild rocket, sprinkle slice fresh basil or even some crushed grilled bacon. Can be served for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Estimated Nutritional Value for entire recipe:
Please also let me know if you have any great recipes to share.